Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chirp Chirp



We have six little ladies living in our laundry room right now. I've been going back and forth on whether to get chickens for a while now. I want them. I just never felt like it was the right time...it'd just be one more thing to take care of. Apparently, my mom thought it was the right time - she went and picked up some chicks and then left town! So our adventure begins! I am excited about it. I'm looking forward to being able to have eggs galore from my own back yard. And I know it will be good for the boys {they are mega excited about this!}. And hopefully it will help me to be a little less girly girl. And Mike definitely needed another project of building a chicken coop, right?


Here's to country living!


{can you vote for me please? two clicks}

4 comments:

  1. Im so jealous Mand!!!!! As soon as I get me a house , chickens are on top of my list along with a baby goat!!!! I would love to have some cows also. Just imagine baking a nice pound cake with eggs that you just wiped the feathers off of. Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my chickens when they lay eggs. I eat them when they don't. It works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally jealous! Although I'm not ready to give up my urban sprawl I want chickens and eggs something terrible! Let me know how it goes. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh boy! the fun begins! those little gals are cute, but they are STINKY. get them outta that laundry room fast! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...