Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mama's Day to all you mamas! Isn't it fun to look back through old family albums? This is a picture of my mama & me {I still have the dopey, puffy eyes}! Being a mom makes me love and admire my mom so much more. I can fully appreciate all that she has done and sacrificed for me - and how much she loves me. Thanks Mama-love-best-friend...I love you!

I think of my mama when I read these verses:

She extends a helping hand to the poor
and opens her arms to the needy.
Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
Proverbs 31:20, 28-31


This was taken on my first birthday. {I'm throwing Levi a nautical themed party for his first birthday and desperately wish my mom still had that shirt so I could wear it!} Malacai thought my mom was Marla in this picture {and the boys think that every picture of my dad from 20-30 years ago is my brother!}. I think that Lyndsay looks the most like my mom though. When I look at old photos of my mom, I can't get over how young & pretty she is - and think to myself, why don't I look as good as she did at that age?! {And my mom still is so pretty and young looking....I did get that from her, looking a lot younger than I am}


And speaking of pretty ladies, here's a picture of my mother-in-law with my father-in-law and Michael as a baby. I love this mama a lot too - what an amazing job she did raising up this fine-looking man I married!

Also:
-I did get my breakfast in bed with the strawberry stuffed french toast {best hubs ever}!
-And today I also get two boys with diarrhea. Awesome.
-Have you seen this picture of my daughter niece yet? The cuteness just kills me!!! {I may be stealing my niece to claim as my own once she is weaned. Just don't tell my sister.}


{how about a little vote lovin' for this mama...two clicks}

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks Manda. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is a pretty mooms! that pic reminds me webi...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...