Friday, June 24, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Brownies



It's been a while since I shared a yummy recipe with you. Today I'm sharing these highly addictive, super yummy treats in honor of Cait's birthday! Yay - today my beautiful step-daughter is 22!! And these are one of her favs. In fact, she had this made for her twice today!! By my sweet nieces {who shared the recipe with us} and then I made a cake-style one for her birthday dinner.
These treats are so easy and so, so good. You need to make them...now! There's some variations of a similar treat that's circled the blog world - I've tried one before and these are better. And easier.




Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Brownies

Yields: 24 treats {more or less...depending on how big you like your treat!}

1 batch of your favorite brownie recipe for a 9×13-inch pan {I like Betty Crocker's Dark Chocolate}
2 cups of marshmallow fluff
2 cups chocolate chips {I like Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate}
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups rice kripies cereal

Make brownies according to the directions. Please don't over-bake your brownies. Ever. Let them cool.
Spread cooled brownies with 2 cups of marshmallow fluff. I like to heat mine for a little bit in the micro for easy spreading. {You can vary the amount of fluff according to your taste}.
Put the 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of peanut butter in a medium microwave safe bowl, heat one minute {or just until the chips are starting to get melty}. Stir until smooth. Add the 4 cups of rice krispies and stir to evenly coat the cereal.
Pour the rice krispies mixture on top of the fluff and spread to evenly cover. Refrigerate until set. Or if you're impatient like me, freeze till set {some of my nieces like to eat them frozen!}. Cut into bars & enjoy!

One of my favorite photos - Cait and Zac...1991?

Happiest birthday Caitie-did! Praying that you are blessed greatly during your 22nd year {22 is Cait's number!}. You are a lovely, amazing woman! I love you!




{how about a little vote? two clicks}

7 comments:

  1. thanks :) and thanks for all the delicious food and awesome new kicks. i love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, wow! you're bringing those to the party tomorrow, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty, pretty please tell me there's some left?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look AMAZING and your family is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY want one of these right now! Your recipes are as great as your style! Keep it coming, girl!

    This week's party is live right now!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-11-features.html

    I’d love for you to link up again this week with more of your amazing stuff! Old or new is always welcome :)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...