Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Lincoln James



Today you turned five years old. I cannot believe that I am old enough to have a five year old! And I cannot believe you are already five. Since the day you were born, I cannot count the number of times I have heard, "enjoy your time with your baby, it goes by so fast", and it is so true. And I so enjoyed the last five years.
You are so excited to be five because that means you can go to kindergarten and ride the school bus {around the corner...such a short ride for someone whose sole excitement for school is the bus ride!}.
Although you have a crazy-hyper side that can drive Momma crazy from time to time, you are such a loving, helpful boy. You are so good and have been since you were little. We never had to baby-proof the house for you because you never got into things. I know that I can leave you playing and you will do just that - play and not get into trouble. You always help me with little jobs and are always helping daddy - especially when it's time to mow the lawn. You love on your little brothers so much and are very helpful with them too. I love watching the three of you play together and laugh together. You always want to be on the go and with people; going to someone's house, going to a store, having people come to our house. Even though you tend to be a bit shy when in a bigger group of people, you always want to be with other people! You have the best memory too...Daddy and I joke that when we need to remember something, we'll just tell you!
My hope and prayer for you Lincoln James, is that you will be a man of God. That you will love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. I know if you're doing that everyday, everything else will work out just fine.
I love you little shuggie-bear. Happy 5th Birthday!















{how about a little vote? two clicks}

6 comments:

  1. happy birthday to such a handsome little boy! what a great job you're doing manda. lovely family xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, that brought tears to my eyes! that sounds JUST like my son! so sweet. hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday handsome boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, happy birthday Linco-bean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll never forget that Tully's dinner when you told me your were preggo. Was that really 5 years ago?? Where does time go? Happy Birthday, Linc! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that made auntie marmo cry. you are such a good mama and i love my linco bean SO much. my firstest little neph will always have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...