Monday, June 27, 2011

Mike Made It: Rustic Garden Bench


Have you met Mike?



I recently shot his senior pictures. Not really. But that's what these photos reminded me of. Really they are just eye candy for me. Sigh.
Anyhow....Mike. He's a very handy man. You name it, he builds it. You break it, he fixes it. He's a carpenter, maintenance guy, artist, ruggedly handsome outdoorsman, car mechanic, plumber, electrician, cyclist...what can't Michael do? I love to look at his work. And him. Oh, and he's the father of my children. Nice, huh?
I thought I'd start a new feature on my blog to showcase his amazing talents.

This past Christmas, my mom had garden bench on her wish list. We had her name {my family draws names for Christmas and then we do a "Crafty/Thrifty" theme...gifts must be made or thrifted} so Mike whipped up a rustic garden bench for her. Or the fence-bench as I like to call it.







My pretty mom, enjoying her new bench. Pretty sweet, right? This bench was on our porch since Christmas and just got moved over to her house a few weeks ago - I miss it! I think we need one for our porch. {And it worked great for photo backgrounds!}


{can you vote for me please? two clicks}

2 comments:

  1. oh my I love this bench!!!! Can't wait to come for a visit and sit on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy said that Mike looks like a submarine commander :) I'm glad you blogged about it (finally :)). And I love that our bird feeder got hung up. Wonder what else mom and dad have found that we left behind...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...