Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nautical Birthday Party

For Levi’s first birthday, we threw a nautical theme party. I was inspired to throw a nautical party by the cute vintage sailor outfit that I found to sell at Mooies that happened to fit Levi {and I knew Fabs had a cute sailor dress to wear}!
I actually was really stressing about getting this party together because two days before the party was one of my work conferences {which left me with no time to do anything but work; and only two days to get everything ready!}. Michael came through for me and found so many things to use for decorations {like the lobster trap we just happened to have sitting in our garage….um, okay}. He also made lots of paper boats for me {which I didn’t really get any good pictures of}. And of course provided lots of childcare so I could bake my heart out. Love that guy!

{It was a very rainy, dreary day – so I had to take things out to the porch to get decent pictures, so that’s why there is the fence-bench background in so many pictures. And again - loads of pictures in the post, so settle in!}






























::Mini wooden blocks from Michaels….hooray – Levi is one! {We made it through the first year!}
::My little sailor {I actually took this picture a few days before the party and I’m so glad I did as it turned out to be such a rainy day}
::Paper boats my Michael made, paper is from Michaels - K&Company Julianne Designer Mat Pad
::Vintage fishing reel and lures | Décor Michael found around our house: vintage lobster trap, ship painting, chalkboard blocks he drew on
::Faux-nautical banner I made {see above for paper source} and Martha Stewart eyelet paper lanterns {from Michaels}
::The dessert table {my Grampa’s Navy hat is on the window sill. He wore it and didn’t even realize it was a nautical theme party!}
::Vanilla cake with flags | Levi’s mini cake
::Red velvet & vanilla cupcakes with sail and flag toppers. Liners are from HeyYoYo {one of my fav Etsy shops…I’ll take one of everything please!}.
::Had to have some seafood! {See the little paper boat sitting next to the shrimp?}
::Rye boat dip {one of my fav appetizers}
::My mom made melon boats
::Rice Krispies sailboats
::Pirates booty {really white trash mix, but pirates booty sounds better}, red & white bags from HeyYoYo | My dad made salami & cheese boats – how cute!
::Nautical snacks for the party were: swedish fish, goldfish, salt water taffy and life savers!
::Craig with the vintage picture viewer {nautical pictures were set out with the picture viewer}
::Lighting the sparkler – Levi looks so ready for this {and I love Grams peaking in the background!} | Levi handled the sparkler much better than Malacai did. {Tip for those that want to use a sparkler: I always use a cupcake that I can throw out – the sparkler leaves lots of black powder all over. So don’t put it on your cake that you want everyone to eat. Also, be careful what’s underneath the cupcake/cake - black powder can get on that too [plate/tablecloth] }
::Levi’s mini smash cake – that he didn’t want to smash. He was so timid with his cake; he would just gently stick his finger in the frosting…such a polite little man.
::Levi was excited to get home-made applesauce from great-grandma {Notice the anchor tattoo on Levi’s chest? What a manly sailor!} | Drinks were served in canning jars with paper straws from HeyYoYo.
::I ordered anchor temporary tattoos from tattoosales.com. I think the boys still have theirs on…they love them!
::Cute baby sailors in their vintage nautical outfits



{how about a little vote? two clicks}

9 comments:

  1. Cutest birthday party! Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves tremendously :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first thing i noticed in these pictures was that the boys all had sailor tats! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..i had to scroll up to see gramps hat, love it!
    ..don't know if i told you how much i love that banner, so cute.
    ..love those tats! [i never put my tat on...what kind of party-er am i?!]
    ..i love my weebs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love this! I've never done a theme for our parties but if I was going to do one this would be it...you had so many cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally! haha.
    that picture of you & weebs with his mini cake is really cute.
    and levi looks huge next to fabs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for having such a short amount of time you sure did an awesome job! the food and decorations look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cutest bday party ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tats! : ) I, too, think a first birthday is just as much about parental survival, as celebrating the kiddo!!
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this information on nautical birthday party. Couple of months ago, I arranged my cousin’s birthday party at one of graceful Seattle venues. Decorated venue with different color and shapes of balloons and had an excellent party.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...