Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween :: Lumberjacks

**I know it's been quiet around here lately. I needed a little blogging break and then I was doing a lot of baking for some parties and a few work projects. Hope to be feeling like life is a little less hectic.**


Last year I saw a cute little lumberjack and thought we have to do that for Halloween next year. I love, love beards on the boys and knew with a little planning ahead it could be very easy. So over the last year I kept my eyes out for red & black plaid shirts while out thrifting and found shirts for all of us. The red hats were bought at the Dollar Store. I originally was going to do face makeup beards for all the boys, but Lincoln needed a beard that could come on & off to take to school today, so my mom knit this one up real quick and I sewed it to his hat. {Thanks mama-love!} I forgot about looking for suspenders until last minute, so I did have to buy some new ones for Lincoln & Malacai. {We had one pair already that Levi wore}. Mike made the axes from insulation board and then painted them. Jeans & shoes were ones we had. Easy-peasy and pretty cheap. Also - so loved having the family dress up together. I want to do it every year! {I'm sure Mike will be all about that}











Malacai looks amazing with a beard - I'm not sure what it is - but I just absolutely love it! {Our friend told us he looks like he was born with a beard - haa!} And little Levi in those last two pictures - ahh - I could just eat him up he's so cute! He was mesmerized by the flashing timer light on the camera.

Happy Halloween!!

15 comments:

  1. um.....thats pretty much awesome!!!! I would use that for my christmas cards! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Linco's knit beard! Go mooms! I actually think Levi's beard looks even more natural that Malacai's :) I LOVE your photo as a family happy first and then mad - I like all the boys' mean faces. Most of all, I LOVE that Levi's face doesn't change at all for either of the photos :) Wish I could have been there to give them some candy! A Skype date sometime soon so I can see all the boys? Maybe Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! So cute! :) I love the beards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh i love this!!

    ~ kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable costumes, love it!! And I love that you all dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH! what adorable little lumberjacks!! LOVE their little beards. love your sweet fam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! although i'm wondering where the beards are for you & mike...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweetest little lumber jacks.
    "and what are you?" "lincoln." haha.
    i love the serious picture of all you guys. lincoln looks so intense ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute family! Love you Mand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooo cute!!! and i love the family dress-up theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice thrifty costumes! Way to go, Momma! Love it!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad we got to see you in person! Thank you - thank you. You are a precious family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe, you make the most gorgeous bunch of lumberjacks that I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your kids are AMAZING. love the family shots!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...