Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We're going on a tree hunt

The boys were super excited to open the Advent Calendar on December 3rd and find that our advent activity was to go get a Christmas tree. I was a little bit bummed that we were going with no snow, but thought maybe that would be a little easier on the boys. Wrong. After about 10 steps, the complaints started. "I'm tired." "It's cold." "My body hurts." {We hear this complaint from Malacai at least once a day!}


The boys did get excited about carrying the saw though. {I don't think I got any pictures of Malacai carrying it - I couldn't let go of him - the kid falls so much. I think he got to carry it for about 10 steps}.


Little Levi was only happy if he was wandering off.




Hooray - we found the tree!


I just love Malacai's face in this picture! The excitement I was looking for - although I think it was about getting to go home - not about finding our tree!







We came home and had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch - a perfectly cozy meal after a tree hunt.

Lincoln really wanted to help trim the tree - can you see him cutting that branch with his scissors? We decided for the safety of our tree & ornaments, we should put Levi down for a nap and do all the decorating while he was asleep. The bottom part of our tree has no decorations on it. So far, all ornaments remain safe & accounted for. I'm just hoping to make it through the season without our tree getting knocked over!

And we ended the day sitting by the Christmas tree, drinking homemade eggnog.  Perfect end to a perfectly fun day!  

{How about a little vote lovin'? Two clicks}

4 comments:

  1. haa! where in the world did that cai come from? i can't wait til we all go camping together... such a lovely tree! homemade eggnog?? impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. levi looks so grown up in all those photos. where'd my baby brother go?!
    love mal's excited face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty tree! share your eggnog recipe. jer LOVES eggnog. saw your comment on our "gingerbread houses." yes - do it w/ the boys. they are fun, quick and easy. not too messy. i used a frosting bag to pipe the frosting on the house "seams."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time!! The tree you all picked out is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...