Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Style: Vintage House Dress

I think it's safe to assume that I like the color mustard yellow.  ;)   A few months ago I was out thrifting and this pattern caught my eye.  I pulled it off the rack to discover that it was a vintage house dress.  I thought with a belt and sweater - no one would be able to tell.  Plus, it has the added bonus of pockets!  {To hold my handkerchiefs and granny glasses...}  I have since found a few more and they are just so comfy that I pretty much wear them everyday.  A dress is so much more comfortable than jeans.  {And tights are nice & warm in this faux-winter we are having}.
Also - my shoes...I was beyond excited when I found them.  If you've been a reader for a while, you may have heard me complain about my ginormous feet and never being able to find cute vintage shoes while out thrifting.  When I stumbled upon these I may have done a little happy dance right there in Amvets.  Except now I can't wear them for more than 10 minutes at a time because I have a cyst on my foot.  :(  TMI?  Sorry to the squeamish {I could do worse and show a photo...}.  I'm actually having surgery for it in a couple of weeks.  Apparently my surgeon has never seen anything like it {and if you know me at all - of course a doctor would say that to me!}.
Also - my entire outfit {'cept for the tights} - is all vintage thrifted goodness!  





Sweater, Dress, Belt, Shoes: vintage, thrifted
Tights: Target
Owl Necklace: vintage, thrifted by me?, Cait?, my mom?
 {I may have a few too many owl necklaces and not be able to keep track of them all}
Purse: Calista Miakoda {real life nifty-thrifty sale}

Linking up with:
Monday Mingle, Real Momma, Real Style, Pleated Poppy


7 comments:

  1. lovely little house dress.
    perfect little purse ;)

    and i don't know if i recognize that owl necklace...
    must not be from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love it. You look darling.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mustard too C: Happy new follower and I've even pinned you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling print that dress is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mustard. Great thrifted outfit. (from a fellow thrifter). Sorry about your foot! My son had to have a knot/cyst removed years ago from his too. They weren't sure why it popped up either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon your blog and I really it. Especially your dress. I just started my first fashion link party, called Watch What I'm Wearing, and I would be honored if would add a link at www.watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com. Who knows maybe you will get some new visitors from it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm featuring this tomorrow at Drab to Fab! Thank you so much for linking this great outfit! The party is up and running again a little early, so please come back and party with me again!
    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-8-features.html

    Have a great weekend!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...