Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome Spring?

Yesterday, we welcomed in the first day of spring in summer-style...with homemade popsicles.  I can't really believe that I'm posting this in March.  Or that I felt inspired {and hot enough} to make popsicles in March.  I'll take it though - it's beautiful!  

I bought a few cute popsicle molds last year and I want to get good use out of them this year.  Yesterday I made just a simple batch - vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries.  {I'm eager to have use of my foot back so I can be baking - and popsicle-making - again!}
Dare I admit that my boys have a popsicle almost every single night?  I'm not even sure how that started, but year round, a popsicle is their bed-time snack.  So I guess my goal is to start making some so that at least they're getting some good things in their snack - like fruit or yogurt.  If I find any good recipes, I'll be sure to share.  If anyone has any they'd like to share, I'd love to try them out!    




Looking forward to more of this popsicle-eating weather!

5 comments:

  1. i think i need to get in on this popsicle eating.
    you guys can drop me off one every night before bed.
    it's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa. Guess so. We'll probably have to start dropping one off at Zac's too...

      Delete
  2. I think it's awesome that they have a popsicle every night! Just think of the beautiful traditions and memories you are all making together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm i want some. i shouldnt have clicked on this being 39 weeks preggo! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...these look yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...