Monday, July 23, 2012

Mexican Corn Salad


Fresh sweet corn is a sure sign that summer is in full swing.  And I'm pretty sure that I'll be eating it every day - in the form of this salad!  {Thank goodness I live across the street from a corn field!}
I stumbled across this recipe recently {on Pinterest, where else?} and it was love at first bite.  I made this for the first time last week while on our family vacation.  Well, actually, I did a little bit of prep work and then I made my baby sister make the rest.  {I was busy making these - which is great to have with this salad!}.  Not even a week later, I was making it again.  And Lincoln informed me that he wants to have corn on the cob again tomorrow, sooo...
It is soo good - go make some!    


Mexican Corn Salad
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise                                                                    
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
  • 8 ears of fresh corn, shucked and silks removed
  • 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
  • Salt to taste

In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder and ground cumin. Blend well and set aside.

Cook the corn on the cob. Stove top or grill is fine, whichever you prefer. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife.

Place the corn in a large bowl. Add the mayo mixture, cheese and salt to taste and mix well.  Serve immediately or covered in the fridge.

*I've been known to substitute feta when I didn't have queso fresco on hand and the salad was still good!

Barely adapted from The Runaway Spoon


My sweet little corn husker-helpers:





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...